Sunday, August 31, 2008

All Dressed up with no where to go!



All dressed up and no where to go but right in my office!

and thats where she is going to stay!!

( No Cindy you cant have this one!!!!.... hee hee.....

This is my current project that im working on my Jeweled Vintage Millinery Dress Form who is dressed to the nines.

Since I work so much with vintage jewels and vintage millinery I thought I should make myself a dress form that has the best of both of my loves.

She isnt finished yet but I thought I would show you what I have so far.


Part of the fluffie froufie thing at her waist is part new flower
that I sell on my website http://www.mylulabelles.com/
and also a wonderful old hat that I bought in Lambertville NJ a few weeks ago.
it has the most wonderful vintage flowers and feathers on it I couldnt bare to take it apart and liked it right on her waist to accent it so there it will stay!
I put the vintage jewels and vintage collar on the fluffiest fluffy ruffle created from the bottom of the vintage prom dress.

I adorned her neck with some of my favorite vintage necklaces and jewels and the most I beautiful vintage pearl collar.
I added the blue to the top to connect the top with the bottom.

Im not going to do too much more with the body of her since I really want the star of the show to be the jewels, the floofie froufie feathery thing and of course the beautiful bottom so I think im going to look for a pretty soft white lace to cover her body in.
Ill post more pics when im done with her along with
more pictures of my office which has also gone through a makeover that ill be posting soon.
I cant wait to show you more but Im putting her
on hold for a while because Im working on some special order vintage millinery dress forms for a few of you and also some frame orders so im catching up.
Stay tuned....
Same bat channel!

20 comments:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Pretty,Pretty..do you ever make anything ugly LOL

Sherry Williams said...

I can hardly wait to see what she looks like when she's finished...she is soooo beautiful!!
hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my Chica,you never stop amazing me, she's stunning and so are your talented little finger's, I just love, everything you do I want one next...heehee...keep your beauty's coming :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Fluffy Ruffles! What a gorgeous piece & can't wait to see it finished & see your office space. Your home is truly something any pink rose lover or romantic at heart dreams about!!!
Is this what heaven will be like???
Hope so!!!!

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

I did a quick intake of air (Gasp!) when I saw this! GOR-GE-OUS! You are so talented and I can't WAIT to see her finished!

Awesome pix of the trip to NY. You have a lovely family and your son's plaid suit is just too cute!

LOVE LOVE LOVING the bathroom redo! One can never have too many roses, can they? I think leave the mirror gold. It's looks so rich and elegant in gold.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Sandy your dress form looks STUNNING!!! I love how you used the ruffles from the prom gown to dress her. :) Yes I did notice that sweet gown when I saw it on flickr.... I am so happy you are enjoying them. JUST SO stunning and the collar is perfect!!!

xoxo Heather

Lori said...

your dress form looks gorgeous!!! i love how you blinged and ruffled her to perfection:)

Scat said...

Sandy!

How fun! I love all your work! Is it work or just play? ha!

So pretty!

Scat

Faded Plains said...

Your dressform is just gorgeous! I took a look at mine and I think she's a little underdressed :o)
My little guy is doing much better, thanks for asking.

Hugs, Andrea

Pink Slippers said...

She is so beautiful. A lady that all adore. I just love the vintage blue on her. You really don't need to do much more she truly is gorgeous. Wendy.

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Wow!!! She is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pink, blue and bling :) She is stunning!

~ Karen

Natasha Burns said...

Wow Sandy you did a great job on her! Love how you have made the jewels such a feature and the skirt is gorgeous!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comments ox

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh is she ever beautiful! I love her so much!

Mya said...

Your dress forms are just so beautiful. Where do you get your bases (naked forms)? Thank you for your visit and well wishes. I see the dentist monday. You may hear me crying all the way to your blog.
-Mya

CIELO said...

Always a joy to come here...I'm sure somewhere in your lovely house there is a lovely window all of us would love to see! :) Really... I hope you can participate in our Window Party, this Monday, Sep. 8th...... come see!

cielo

The Old Painted Cottage said...

She is lovely. I adore her blue tulled skirt!

oxox
Jennifer

Decor To Adore said...

I love her necklace!

Carriers Cozy Cottage said...

Wow Sandi you do Beautiful work !

I am going to add your blog to my blog !

Mona ♥

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore all the bling and the blue ruffles! To die for!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for lovely comment on my 'Marie Antoinette' Christmas shoe.Stampington Magazine asked me to submit one of my 'Marie' shoe's,charm and tag.I am so excited they are coming out with a new publication in the spring called 'Marie'.Keeping my fingers 'crossed'!
xxoo Denise